Latest posts on Christian Aid

Why 'Christian Hate?'? An introduction to the blog

Places Christians shouldn't go A quick tour of Christian Hate?'s case against Christian Aid

Christians and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict Read all my posts on this topic

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lost in translation

Since I must surely by now qualify as a Learned Elder honoris causa, I'm pleased to note evidence that the plans for world dominion are bearing fruit. For instance, someone recently tasked Google with translating one of my posts into Portuguese. I can only hope that the result made some kind of sense, but since the translator was stumped by words ranging from 'Holy' to 'rot' I'm not too sanguine.

Or if you prefer...

Desde que eu devo certamente por agora qualificar como um causa instruído dos honoris da pessoa idosa, eu sou satisfeito anotar a evidência que as plantas para o dominion do mundo são fruta do rolamento. Por exemplo, alguém tasked recentemente Google com traduzir um de meus bornes no português. Eu posso somente esperar que o resultado faça algum tipo do sentido, mas desde que o tradutor era stumped pelas palavras que variam de “Holy” ao “rot” que eu não sou demasiado sanguine.

I suspect that 'rolamento' means 'bearing' as in 'ball-bearing'. Human translators aren't going to be out of work for a while yet, are they?

No comments: