Latest posts on Christian Aid

Why 'Christian Hate?'? An introduction to the blog

Places Christians shouldn't go A quick tour of Christian Hate?'s case against Christian Aid

Christians and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict Read all my posts on this topic

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Well, swive me

Bored with the overused 'f' word? Why not try reviving a juicy piece of seventeenth century vocabulary, as used by none other than Charles I?

Whilst at the link, marvel at what is surely the most inane comment made so far this year, the dicta of Ms Jade Goody not excepted. Of the revelation that the King and Martyr had a bit on the side one Arnold Hunt, the British Library’s Curator of Historical Manuscripts, says:

'This makes him out to be more human and, in some ways, more sympathetic.'

One to memorize - you never know when you might need it: 'But you don't understand, darling, I was only trying to make myself more human and sympathetic for you.'

Next!

No comments: